Thursday, February 25, 2016

Make Your Life Greener With Pikaplant

Today’s Killer Startup: Pikaplant

 

Pikaplant_One_L

 

Elevator Pitch

Pikaplant makes it possible for even those of you with a brown thumb to grow beautiful plants.

 

Why It’s A Killer Startup

I love plants, a lot, which is something I definitely got from my mom. (And she got from her mom and she from her mom, which is kind of awesome.) However, due to my nomadic lifestyle, I often end up with plants that I’m not familiar with. While my plants in the States are healthy and thriving, I’m currently over-concerned with a houseplant here that is very obviously in pain. I just can’t figure out why. Is it the air conditioning? The sunlight? Lack of sunlight? Did I give it a sunburn when I put it out on the balcony? (Answer to that last one: definitely yes.)

 

The nice thing about Pikaplant, though, is that you don’t have to know much of anything about plants in order to keep your little green babies thriving. Their Pikaplant Jars are plants that are hermetically sealed in jars that recycle their own water, so the plant thrives without any intervention from you at all. Or, if you prefer your plants to be out in the air (which I definitely do — I like to touch them), you can get a Tableau, which comes with three ceramic pots, a glass reservoir, and a steel base to create a self-watering plant system. Finally, the Pikaplant One is a lovely vertical garden that “mimics the wet-dry cycle of ground water” so that your plants can decide exactly how much water they need.

 

Oh, and did I mention that all of these systems are really lovely? There’s that factor too.

 

And now that I’ve informed you all of these lovely plant products, I’m going to go back to obsessing about my sad little baby houseplant. But don’t worry too much — I’ll figure it out.

 

Tweetable

Want a beautiful green space but know you have a brown thumb? @Pikaplant

 

Photo Credits

Pikaplant

The post Make Your Life Greener With Pikaplant appeared first on KillerStartups.



via KillerStartups

0 comments:

Post a Comment