Friday, June 26, 2015

Put Down The Phone!! You Know You Want To

Today’s Killer Startup: NOPHONEZONE

 

screen322x572

 

Elevator Pitch:

NOPHONEZONE helps you track how long you’ve stayed off of your phone.

 

Why It’s A Killer Startup:

I resisted getting a smartphone for a long time, much longer than I could really justify or should probably admit, considering my profession. I talked a lot of smack about them during those few years when I was still rocking my qwerty keyboard Samsung: I didn’t want to get sucked into technology even further than I already was; they were getting in the way of human connections; I didn’t WANT one.

 

I caved, of course, like basically everyone else has, when my boyfriend upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5, and then again when when he went to a 6. I gave in, finally, to the siren call of the smartphone and I confess: I love it.

 

But I also hated it, for all of the reasons I didn’t want to get one in the first place. I do look at it too often and I listen to podcasts all the time and I basically am never not connected. My boyfriend, the smartphone pusher, is now pushing me to take time away from screens and talking in general – to just sit with my thoughts. It’s terrifying how terrified I am of that prospect.

 

So NOPHONEZONE helps. You set the app running and it keeps track of how long it’s been since you looked at your phone. If you look at other apps, the timer stops. You actually have to put the phone down and do nothing on it in order to rack up time. When you do look at your phone, you can brag about how long you were off of it on Twitter, if it’s a good amount of time, or be treated to pictures of people looking at their phones instead of doing something else instead.

 

Tweetable:

Put down the phone. You know you want to. Let #NOPHONEZONE help!

 

Photo Credits

NOPHONEZONE

The post Put Down The Phone!! You Know You Want To appeared first on KillerStartups.



via KillerStartups

0 comments:

Post a Comment