Friday, January 29, 2016

Turn That Brown Thumb Green With Waterbug

Today’s Killer Startup: Waterbug

 

Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 2.31.47 PM

 

Elevator Pitch:

Waterbug is an app that helps you care for your plants.

 

Why It’s A Killer Startup:

I love houseplants. In fact, when I left the US for the first time in 2011, I dreamt about my plants before I even dreamt about my parents — that’s how much I loved them. But I’m not gonna lie and act like I know a whole lot about plants. I mean, I did a decent job keeping the ones that I had alive and thriving, but, when I’m being honest, I can admit that they’ve done better under my mom’s expert care than they did under mine. Mom just has many, many more years of plant care under her cap — I can’t compete.

 

But Waterbug gives nascent plant-lovers like me a step up in plant care. The app costs $2.99 in the App Store and provides more info than you could probably even Google, right in the palm of your hand.

 

One of the biggest issues I have with plants, for example, is not knowing how often they need to be watered. (Confession: my mom told me how to care for the ones I had back home and I just followed that schedule, which made me looks knowledgeable. IT WAS ALL A LIE.) You can find your plant in Waterbug’s plant guide, and it will give you both a water and light guide for your new friend. You can also track when you last watered your plants, and the app will even tell you when one is due for a top up. Finally, you can order garden stuff directly from the Waterbug store, which is powered by Amazon, which means you’ll never have to lug home giant bags of dirt (for example, in a tuk-tuk, as I did once in Guatemala) again.

 

10896957_729175135356_4171202730990021282_n

 

Tweetable:

Love #plants but can’t seem to keep your babies healthy? The Waterbug app will turn your brown thumb green

 

Photo Credits:

Waterbug | courtesy of Emma McGowan | Kosobu/Shutterstock

The post Turn That Brown Thumb Green With Waterbug appeared first on KillerStartups.



via KillerStartups

0 comments:

Post a Comment