Monday, April 24, 2017

Unroll.me Has Been Caught Selling Your Data

Unroll.me is a popular service designed to help you keep on top of your email subscriptions. It lets you unsubscribe from newsletters with just one click. And it will do so completely for free. Unfortunately, if something is free there’s usually a catch. And Unroll.me is no exception. Seemingly unbeknownst to most of its users, Unroll.me has been making money selling their data to other companies. We know thanks to a single paragraph in a lengthy profile of Uber CEO and founder Travis Kalanick in The New York Times. And Unroll.me is currently embarking on some serious damage control. An...

Read the full article: Unroll.me Has Been Caught Selling Your Data

http://ift.tt/2pY6NfX

via MakeUseOf

0 comments:

Post a Comment